Quantcast
Viewing all articles
Browse latest Browse all 30665

Rusape bus disaster: All bodies collected from hospital

The last four days presented a lot of pressure for Rusape General Hospital following the tragic accident that saw 81 casualities passing through the health institution’s outpatient department that also took care of 45 bodies of the deceased.

All the bodies of those who perished during the Rusape road accident were taken for burial by end of day on Saturday with only four accident victims still being attended to at Rusape General Hospital.

Thanks to the sterling work by the hospital staff, by Sunday most of the accident victims had been discharged, 15 transferred while only four injured people are still detained at the general hospital.

“The pressure that was on the general hospital is gone. There are only four patients we are still attending to while all the bodies of the deceased have been collecte,” Dr Steward Karembo, Rusape General Hospital Medical Superintendent.

Some of the injured who are still in hospital hailed the treatment and assistance they have received so far.

Image may be NSFW.
Clik here to view.
Rusape Hospital

Meanwhile, the Zimbabwe Passenger Association, an organization comprising 75 percent of bus operators in the country said there is need to regulate the transport sector.

The organisation’s CEO, Fungai Makoni and other members visited Rusape General Hospital where they said the transport sector should operate under specific guidelines and standards.

“There is need to regulate the transport sector if the country should register strides in reducing accidents,” he said.

The accident which occurred on Wednesday evening near the Rusape tollgate has since been declared a state of disaster.

Source – ZBC

The post Rusape bus disaster: All bodies collected from hospital appeared first on Masasi eHarare.


Viewing all articles
Browse latest Browse all 30665

Trending Articles



<script src="https://jsc.adskeeper.com/r/s/rssing.com.1596347.js" async> </script>